Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sweet, sweet Dewey




Today was quite possibly the most awesome afternoon ever. Equipped with a stamper, ink pad, and adhesive labels I tagged ALL of my nonfiction. It was glorious. Putting my books in Dewey was everything I could've have hoped for and more.

Things I learned organizing my nf:

  1. Stamping ANYTHING is mind-meltingly satisfying.
  2. I have many more books about way more topics than I remembered.
  3. I have only one book in the 500's and only one in the 900's. This needs to be rectified. Immediately.
  4. I have more reference books about graphic design and fashion design than the Richardson Public Library.
  5. Defying all laws of physics, I now have a good shelf's worth of extra space WITH THE SAME AMOUNT OF BOOKS. Praise be to the all-powerful Dewey Decimal System!!!

1 comment:

M said...

OMG You are such a nerd. At least your mom must be proud...