Monday, November 9, 2009

Blaggity Blag Blag

Why, Helloooo! I almost forgot I had a blog for a minute, there.

In the spirit of rekindling let's revisit my to-do list posted Wednesday, August 6, 2008.

-Execute a perfect handstand, "scorpion" pose, and flip flop.
I've been working on this and can do a scorpion against a wall. So, not perfect, but working on it.
-Go to more gallery openings and museums.
I haven't been to many museums although I did have a painting of mine in a gallery and it was auctioned off in February, so that's pretty cool when you describe it like that. I also just got season tickets to the Dallas Opera so there's a healthy dose of culture.
-use up all my henna paste. (Any volunteers? I'm good, I swear.)
Forgot about that one. Just didn't seen that urgent I guess.
-go to more local rock shows.
I'm been to a fair share, although a large portion of them have been my boyfriend's.
-learn to swallow swords.
Gaaah!! Not yet! Soon, my yucca plants. Soooooooon.
-learn Latin.
I got side tracked by astronomy and math nonfiction from the library. If you had asked me 10 years ago if I would be reading about abstract math theory for fun I would have probably choked laughing incredulously.
-work on my front splits and try for a horizontal over-split.
As with the handstands, I am in a perpetual state of working on it. When I can get myself into a contort-ier position than my current facebook profile pic, I will replace it.
-tryout for the Dallas roller derby.
Wow, if you didn't know that I succeeded in this you have not talked to me in over a year. Derby has taken over my life.
-plant an herb garden. And not kill it.
I did! I did! Memorable garden goodies: lavender and sage vodkas, basil bread, mint mojitos.
-re-memorize the beginning of Beowulf.
Enough to weird people out which was pretty much the point.
-practice spinning poi.
I bought fire fans and perfected that instead. Hula hooping too.
-find bands/events that will let me make snazzy psychedelic posters for them.
Not psychedelic, but I did some art and plan on doing some more art for the SO's band.
-have a garage sale and get rid of all my old clothes and books.
Made $112 at Half Price Books. Next stop, Buffalo Exchange.
-practice vertical pole inverts and tricks.
Oh yes. Lots and lots. Made lots of new friend and embarrassed my old ones in doing so.
-audition as a performer or character at Scarborough Faire.
Meh. Fuck that. I was a performer at Six Flags Frightfest which is... not at all the same.
-celebrate pagan holidays in a bigger way.
Check! Go me!
-find some tribal dance gigs at clubs/bars.
I've had about seven since I posed the list, not including the month long gig at Six Flags.
-find some fire eating gigs at clubs/bars.
Same as above. I've made about $1000 this year putting flaming thing on my face. What a wonderful world we live in.
-find some go-go gigs at clubs/bars.
I'll continue my tried and true strategy of letting people offer me gigs instead of looking for them. Works better for everyone involved and insures the fun doesn't get sucked out of it.
-maybe find a tribal dance teaching gig (adults or kids).
Still working on it. I'm thinking after the Xmas break I might offer an intro Tribal Fusion.
-learn to ride a motorcycle.
I have a brand new Mustang so I'm pretty satisfied with getting around in that.
-visit places featured in Weird Texas.
God damn. I haven't been anywhere lately.
-re-learn to play bass
I've resigned myself to the sad truth that I am not a musical person.

No comments: