Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Teatime

So in an effort to organize the tea cabinet (yeah, we have a whole cabinet full of tea) I'm trying consume all the stray begs, sampler sets, and almost empty boxes. This has led me to the totally pointless plan of consume as many kinds of tea as I can a day. So for the rest of the week I'm going to have a cup of green, black, and white tea every day. In addition, I'm going to have a mate, redbush, and herbal tea too.

I'm sure Starbucks is pissed I'm not directing this urge toward purchasing one of their new tea products.

I feel like since each kind of tea has it's own purported benefit, drinking one of each will have some kind of salubrious effect. Since the experiment began yesterday I have lost 2 pounds which is probably from drinking about three times as much water as I normally do. Or maybe the 1.5 hours of yoga I did. I also woke up bright-eyed and bushy tailed at 8 am! Many of you many regularly wake up at 8, but I usually get rolling around 9:30 and that's only when I set an alarm. If left to my own devices I get up after 11am. So that is kind of a big deal. I also had the mental alacrity to write css style sheets and html out of my head with no editor all day. Perhaps the mild caffeine boost medicated my low-level ADD?

However, I'm mostly suspicious of claims like that and just like tea so here is today's tea recommendation:


Republic of Tea - Yerba Mate Latte.
Yummy! It's smokey and chocolaty. It would be a good substitute if you can't bear another cup of coffee today. I almost always drink tea with no milk or sugar, but I bet this would taste like a fancy latte as the name suggests with some milk and a little sweetener. Mate has a lot of caffeine so beware before bedtime. Finally, it has a volcano on the tin which is always fun. Mmm, lava.

No comments: