Thursday, May 28, 2009

solicited distractions

I desperately need to fall in love. With some music.
gotcha.

I have been pretty diligent in keeping myself occupied, but it is my nature to be overflowing with an ardent, insatiable 13-year-old's passion to pour enthusiam into things and it would probably be best if that thing were something intangible to worship. To keep my mind and tongue sharp I need to keep my throbbing heart furiously busy elsewhere. A devotion-worthy band is an outlet that hasn't let me down yet. It's so pure and clean and inexhaustible in its unrequitedness-- something I can't burn out. I think an object of intoxicating beauty that pulls my heart towards its cage of ribs so mercilessly that my brain hums and my stomach turns would help a lot of my problems.

1 comment:

M said...

This is very poetic, Miss Priss. I gently applaud you for putting into words that pulling sensation that we all want to feel in relation to our favorite art.